Privacy Notice for California Residents
Last Modified: January 1, 2020
Last Reviewed on: January 1, 2020
This Privacy Notice for California Residents ("Notice") supplements RE/MAX, LLC’s Privacy Notice and applies solely to individuals that reside in the State of California ("consumers" or "you") when they access our websites (the "Sites") or use our mobile applications (the "Apps") (collectively the "Online Services"), contact us, or otherwise interact with us (collectively, the "Services").
RE/MAX, its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "RE/MAX," "us," "our," or "we"), adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA") and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice. We strongly urge you to read this Notice from beginning to end. We have made our Notice easy to navigate by providing quick access to information you may care about and easy to understand by using plain English.
Information we collect
RE/MAX collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device ("personal information"). In the last 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers:
|Categories of personal information||Examples||Collected|
|Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Yes|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||Yes|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||Yes|
|Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||Yes|
|Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||No|
|Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||Yes|
|Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||Yes|
|Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||No|
|Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||Yes|
|Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||No|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||Yes|
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, such as, for example:
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
RE/MAX collects the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
|Categories of personal information||Sources of personal information|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.|
|Internet or other similar network activity.|
|Professional or employment-related information.|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information.|
Use of personal information
We may use or disclose to others the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the personal information.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to connect you with a RE/MAX brokerage or sales associate.
- To personalize your experience on our Online Services and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Online Services, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Online Services, products, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Online Services and products.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
RE/MAX will not collect additional categories of persona